ADMIN

Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters ...

In the early hours of July 15, after a night spent protesting at the Multnomah County Justice Center and Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse, Mark Pettibone and his friend Conner O’Shea decided to head home.

It had been a calm night compared to most protesting downtown. By 2 a.m. law enforcement hadn’t used any tear gas and, with only a few exceptions, both the Portland Police Bureau and federal law enforcement officers had stayed out of sight.

A block west of Chapman Square, Pettibone and O’Shea bumped into a group of people who warned them that people in camouflage were driving around the area in unmarked minivans grabbing people off the street.

“So that was terrifying to hear,” Pettibone said.

They had barely made it half a block when an unmarked minivan pulled up in front of them.

“I see guys in camo,” O’Shea said. “Four or five of them pop out, open the door and it was just like, ‘Oh shit. I don’t know who you are or what you want with us.’”

Federal law enforcement officers have been using unmarked vehicles to drive around downtown Portland and detain protesters since at least July 14. Personal accounts and multiple videos posted online show the officers driving up to people, detaining individuals with no explanation of why they are being arrested, and driving off.

read more:

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have seen the video which appears to be fake arrests by unknown paramilitary looking individuals.  Their walk, demeanor, and actions appear to be scripted and phony.  More propaganda to make the administration appear to act in an unconstitutional manner.  As a veteran, I do not believe these individuals are real.

• It is about time!

• Are they complaining that's it's not fair??  Ask the business owners in the area what's fair.

• you have to love these morons. they have no problem with messing with someone else's property and or life but oh man when someone disrupts their rights then it's like the unpardonable sin. in areas with much car theft then a car should be left with the keys and rigged with explosives and when thief gets in and starts car - boom - bye bye thief. a jury of people who have had their cars messed up by the same dead thief will buy the car owner a steak dinner

• I do not think using an unmarked vehicle is disrupting any RIGHTS.  Destroying property is not the right of anyone.

• I have no problems with it at all. Obviously the idiots in Portland can not control the problems so let the feds do it. 

• If the elected officials in Portland can't protect federal property in their jurisdiction, then it is contingent upon the federal government to do so.  However, it would be appropriate for the federal authorities to prioriize the protection of federal infrastructure over that of city or state government.  Let the electorate of those cities and states bear the consequences of their bad electoral choices, as that is how representative government works best.

• Americans (conservatives, for law and order):    anarchy and overthrow of our government are Federal offenses.    the "protesters" have generally been rioters, curiously and not-coincidentally, causing destruction, mayhem, harm and deaths,  in "blue" towns.  the rioters are organized.     Have items of destruction on your person, you get nabbed for Federal offenses with Federal enforcers groups.  Too bad if hauled into un-marked vehicles.  If the public is lucky, the enforcers will also throw away the keys after the rioters (anti-American criminals) get thrown into their cells.   Law and order rules.

• Stop these criminals with whatever means necessary. Lock them up, prosecute them, punish them to the full extent of the law. This is America, not some shithole country!!!!

• Unmarked Vehicles have been a part of police undercover operations for years.  It is one of the biggest reasons police can get the criminal off the streets.  Let the police do their jobs.  It is a good thing. 

This reply was deleted.