ADMIN

10841412687?profile=original

The House Jan. 6 select committee voted unanimously to subpoena former President Trump during its public hearing on Thursday where new video evidence was presented.

"We just voted unanimously to subpoena Donald Trump to testify UNDER OATH. Democracy demands it. History deserves it," committee member Rep. Adam Kinzinger, an Illinois Republican, wrote on Twitter after the vote.

Thursday's public hearing is likely to be the last before the release of the final report.

Wyoming Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, who lost her primary, was present at the hearing along with the other members of the panel.

“The vast weight of evidence presented so far has shown us that the central cause of Jan. 6 was one man, Donald Trump, who many others followed,” Cheney said.

Kinzinger said Trump privately acknowledged he had lost the election but made contrary statements publicly. 

read mmore here: https://justthenews.com/government/congress/jan-6-committee-public-hearing-underway-new-video-evidence-expected-be?utm_source=breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Trump would be well advised to have his attorney present and to let the Attorney respond to ALL QUESTIONS... using his right to Executive Privilege and the 5th Amendment to avoid answering anything more than his name and job title.  This panel is a Kangaroo Court and no matter how well the President answers, the RINOs and MSM will twist his response...

Hence, let his legal counsel respond to all questions... Have the President issue an opening statement in writting that states...

"Given the several civil and criminal investigations surrounding my term in office as President, I must defer all responses to this committee's questions to Legal Counsel.  It is my Constitutional duty to defend the Office of the President and its historical and Constitutional right. to 'Executive Privilege'.  Executive Privilege is an essential part of the 'separation of powers' doctrine contained in the US Constitution.  The Executive Branch and the Office of the President must retain the right to refuse to respond to questions regarding its privileged communications and policies it considers sensitive and privileged communications. Hence, my legal counsel will respond to all questions breaching 'Executive Privilege' by deferring to it and the US Constitutions' separation of powers. There may also be times when my legal counsel invokes my 5th Amendment rights, due to the many nasty and frivolous criminal investigations targeting me and others I have had privileged communications."  Suggested statement to be read by the President or his Counsel with his opening statement.

Pres. Trump must not allow himself or his Office as President to be ambushed by the Marxists, RINOs, and Globalists in the House... and this committee.

• P/S ... any appearance by Pres. Trump before the J6 committee must be VOLUNTARY... not by command or Congressional subpeana.  An Ex-President retains Executive Privilege for all events and communications that occurred during his tenure in office... the privilege is extended to teh OFFICE OF the PRESIDENT and the executive branch. Should Congress attempt to browbeat or threaten the President or his attorney... he should get up quietly and leave... It would be advisable to have a prepared statement to read before the press if he is forced to leave a hostile committee.

• This is the J6 committee - somehow I think they are going to say that President Trump cannot bring his lawyer with him. 

• If that is the case ... he should not go... period.

• I don't believe that the J6 committee has the Constitutional authority to compel a former president to testify... to anything that may be considered privileged Communications under the doctrine of Executive Privillleg... That right extends to all subjects that emanate from his term in office and extend for life. 

Any appearance by a former President, before Congress, must be voluntary... That precept must be made clear in his opening statement... His appearance before the J6 committee must be voluntarily... not by command, summon, or Congressional subpeana... an Ex-President's right to Executive Privilege regarding events that occurred during his tenure in office is a lifetime right.

Executive Privilege would not be worth two cents if it were not a lifetime right... confidential and private communications between sovereigns or states and their agents must be protected from reckless disclosure... to facilitate honest communicaions that may otherwise be impossible... if disclosed.

• Hopefully he will mop the floor with them

• I guess these people don't know or care that the American People are FED UP

with this kind of nonsense. They are also driving more and more folks to the Republican Party

than ever before. They are diggiong their own graves. Of course, Truman, a Democrat, saiod it best

when he was subpoened to appear before Congress after his Prsidency. He said, along the lines of

the Presidency is a co-equal branch of government. If he had submitted, the implications were that

any Congress in opposition to the President could  call that former President to account, ad nauseum.

Truman did NOT go. Trump shouldn't either and should cite Harry Truman.

• This should be entertaining! 

• My advice to President Trump would be No, do not appear before this group. To do so would only give this group of derelicts credibility which they do not have.

If you are planning another rally then use it to explain your decision to the American People in attendance and the Fake News as well.

Also, consider filing charges yourself against these people for slander, defamation of character, lying openly to the public, and abuse of office through willful violation of their Constitutional Duties and Oath of Office. I am not a lawyer and I have no close friends who are.  But, File charges anyway. If they have no legal standing then let the courts say so and explain why. Get it all out front and in the open.

Let the light of truth illuminate what is happening to our Nation.

• I tend to agree... Pres. Trump should not appear before Congress under threat or compulsion... However, he could go voluntarily and USE THE APPEARANCE to do as you suggest... too, inform the public, in no uncertain terms, how corrupt the government has become and too ask the public to REMOVE THOSE INVOLVED IN FORMING AND CONDUCTING THE J6 COMMITTEE from the People's House this November.

The President can use his voluntary appearance to send a clear message... that the Office of the President and the Executive Branch is a coequal branch of government; that the separation of powers doctrine restrains Congress's power to call a President to account for actions taken while in office.

The right of the President to 'Executive Privilege' is tantamount to the maintenance of the separation of powers doctrine... as established by our nation's Constitution. Congress's power to discipline a president is limited to IMPEACHMENT. If the President has committed a crime, he must be removed from office and held to Judicial accountability. Congress has no legitimate power to compel a former President to appear before it, to address matters relating to his performance while in office.

The President should not fear an appearance before the committee... His voluntary appearance could be used to personally expound on and expose the litany of excesses the Deep State has brought to our nation's capital and its government.  He can use his voluntary appearance for his purposes and IMMEDIATELY LEAVE... refusing to answer any questions... or to respond to the committee's overt arrogance and improper use of Congress's subpeana. powers.  He could seriously SCHOOL CONGRESS.

This reply was deleted.