ADMIN

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey my first trip to Vietnam in 19 64 I had two m1 carbines 30 caliber and 4 15 round magazines along with a 45 on my side.

• Very primitive.

• I don't know about brave but I think he enjoyed the challenge to quietly get that close and the adrenaline rush of not knowing for sure what was going to happen when he pulled the trigger. I've seen a grizzly run 30 yards after having its heart blown to pieces and then tear up an area the size of a single family house. Off just a fraction with a head shot and the bear could be on you in a heartbeat. 

• Duane: Brave man... Your Friend! 

• When I lived in Yukon, Canada I had a friend that used to hunt grizzlies with a 30 carbine. Very successfully I might add. He would sneak to within spitting distance of them and head shoot them. I thought he was nuts but as far as I know he never lost a bear.

• The M-1 Carbine was as designed a compact more powerful alternative to the old .38spl 6 shot revolver and in some cases the Colt in .45acp. The Historic WWII M-1 Carbine has been used to take Deer... quite effectively!  My initial Military Weapons quals were with the Colt. loved it, but heavy and did not hold up well in wet, damp, humid A/O's. Later in another Life, but still in the same type adverse conditions "Sigs" in .40 were issued, same wet weather issues and most operators chose a Glock in .45!  

• Later field modifications allowed a 20 round box magazine Plus One in the chamber

• "NOBODY hunts with an AR 14." -- Joe Biden 🙃

• The 223 and the 0.56 are both 22 caliber rounds. Design more to wound the enemy rather than kill the enemy they are both considered a nato round. The idea behind that was to wound the enemy and not kill the anime it takes more men off the battlefield if you wound someone then it is if you kill someone.

• I disagree with that, I have dropped many Deer, Both Bucks and Does with my 223 with one shot. Dropped in their tracks.

This reply was deleted.