Souirce; https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/01/michigan-lt-governor-garland-gilchrist-claims-republicans-dont-want-black-people-to-vote/

8748693497?profile=RESIZE_710x

Michigan Lt. Gov. Garland Gilchrist (D) told a predominantly black church Sunday that Republicans are pushing election integrity reforms because they really do not want black people to vote.

Republicans in Michigan recently proposed the idea of a petition drive to force a legislature to vote on a series of election reforms designed to increase ballot security. If a sufficient number of signatures are obtained, a legislative vote would be held, and if the measure passes, it becomes law without the governor’s signature.

Gilchrist claimed that he asked by an attendee at Gethsemane Missionary Baptist Church in Westland what the state could do “to not become another Georgia,” an apparent reference to election reforms recently enacted there.

Lieutenant Governor Gilchrist Discussion with GMBC; March 28, 2021;

https://youtu.be/bojZahtC2u0 

It’s really disgusting,” he said, “and to me, what it says is 1. Republicans are scared of you voting. Period. Republicans are scared of people who look like us voting,” he told Sunday morning congregants.

“And that is happening at a level that it hasn’t happened in a really ever, actually,” Gilchrist declared, “in this past presidential election and they’re so scared they decided, you know, you don’t y’all to vote any more and so we want to make it more difficult for people who look like you to do so.”

Gilchrist told church goers if the legislatures passes election reform bills, “We will not let it come into law.”

He said he expects Republicans to play “games” to “try to get around that power that the people of Michigan gave us and we’re prepared to respond to that.”

The Michigan Constitution affords citizens “the power to propose laws” by initiative:

Any law proposed by initiative petition shall be either enacted or rejected by the legislature without change or amendment within 40 session days from the time such petition is received by the legislature. If any law proposed by such petition shall be enacted by the legislature it shall be subject to referendum, as hereinafter provided.

If the law so proposed is not enacted by the legislature within the 40 days, the state officer authorized by law shall submit such proposed law to the people for approval or rejection at the next general election. The legislature may reject any measure so proposed by initiative petition and propose a different measure upon the same subject by a yea and nay vote upon separate roll calls, and in such event both measures shall be submitted by such state officer to the electors for approval or rejection at the next general election.

The measure is not subject to a governor’s approval or veto.

The Michigan Republican Party recently said it may pursue a petition initiative to enact election integrity reforms.

“If that legislation is not passed by our Legislature, which I am sure it will be, but if it’s not signed by the governor, then we have other plans to make sure that it becomes law before 2022,” party chairman Ron Weiser told a local Republican group.

“That plan includes taking that legislation and getting the signatures necessary for a legislative initiative so it can become law without Gretchen Whitmer’s signature.”

Kyle Olson is a reporter for Breitbart News. He is also host of “The Kyle Olson Show,” syndicated on Michigan radio stations on Saturdays–download full podcast episodes. Follow him on Parler.

EducationPoliticselection integrityGretchen WhitmerMichigan

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They seem to forget who the party of Lincoln is, who back civil rights reform in the 60s & who opposed it(hint it was the party of the Klu Klux Klan). Who establishe Planned Parenthood to kill or limit Black babies?  And passed laws to break up low income families with Medicaid. Free free free free, free health care, free Obama phones, Free education (hum I think that resembles Cuba & Venezuela - sure works good three) heaven forbid that they should actually have to work for a living. That's not the American way, right? The rich will pay for all that free stuff. I guess they no longer teach history or real math in school anymore. Welcome to the Democommunists. They have a tent just their size in San Francisco paid for by drunken Nancy. Welcome to reality Woke America.

• Have They Forgotten What and Who Was Instigating The Goings On In Selma Alabama In 1963-64 There About..? Democrat McGovern and He Ordered The Blacks To Be Stopped From Entering The P.O. Took Fire Hoses And Knocked Them On Their Asses Little Kids, Women And Men- Then The DEMONCRAT BASTARD Ran For President..!!! The Blacks In This Country Cry About This Shit but They Love To Bitch And Cry About This Shit Because The Demoncrats KEEP THEM ON THEIR SIDE and GIVE , GIVE, GIVE and The Blacks LIKE NOT WORKING so They Sell Out There Own Race To Keep Voting For The Demons Because They WANT IT ALL FOR FREE..!!! The Demons Want and Need Their Votes To Take Control Over The Entire Nation- And They STILL Despise BLACKS..!!!

• The ONE WORLD CENTRALIZED GOVERNMENT a.k.a. U.N., needs to be abolished. THEY are the reason for all that's wrong in the world. Just like OUR usurping parasitic UNCONSTITUTIONAL Centralized Gov, is the cuase of ALL our problems here. ONE HAS TO GO!!!!

• The Damned scream about everything anyway.  Why should I be concerned about them screaming about this.  Screaming is their natural mode of communication.  Does it bother you ... it doesn't bother me.

• Is this guy for real.  He can't possibly be serious.  Who is paying him to say these waco things.  This is what I call a black uneducated moron.  Get a life, grow up, get a real job, pay your own way, and get off the government tit that is feeding you.

• Amen To That Brother..!!!  "MOST" - (Not Every) Black Will Always Act Black and Use Poor Ole Me - Race Bating Bastards..! Seriously..!There Are More Blacks Than Not That Live And Do Things That ONLY A Black Person Would Do..! Then They Wonder Why They Are Treated Differently..!!! I am treated DIFFERENTLY Too When I Act Like A Fucking Idiot..!!!

• No, it isn`t anything like that. We could care less if dumb-bought-off Democrats vote.

• HE denigrates all people who consider themselves "black".  What an embarrassment ...

• This reply was deleted.
    • It was democrats who formed the KKK in Pulaski, TN in 1865 in order to keep their freed slaves in a state of slavery. It was democrats who stood in the door of Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama to keep Black Americans Vivian Malone and James Hood from entering. It was democrats who used police dogs, and firehoses to break up the peaceful march for voting rights from Selma to Montgomery. It was democrats who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1957 for 24 hours. Again, democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act of  1964 for 60-days, until it was passed by Republicans.

• We have several Black friends and each one has an ID. They said they are going to hank them around their necks so everyone can see how these scum are lying. Had to get something notorized yesterday and guess what I had to have. MY ID

This reply was deleted.