ADMIN
Some donors have been withdrawing their support for the Salvation Army over its switch to woke ideology, saying that a Christian charity shouldn't promote what they see as “the most serious threat” to their faith.

A number of its supporters are apparently increasingly unhappy with an initiative called “Let's Talk About Racism,” which Salvation Army CEO General Brian Peddle announced in February. It's a discussion guide aimed at promoting “courageous conversations about racism" within the organization of 1.7 million. Its authors, heavily influenced by critical race theory (CTR), speak of “detrimental divisions” that they believe were created by racism in all fields of life, including in the Christian Church, and offer members advice on how to tackle inequality through an “anti-racist” perspective.

A petition calling for the Salvation Army to drop the “Let's Talk About Racism” curriculum has already garnered more than 12,200 signatures from members and donors, according to Newsweek.

Opponents of the curriculum call it a "woke script" and insist the Salvation Army shouldn't be taught about racism, as it actually began fighting it decades before the civil rights movement even emerged in the US.

“I will not be giving to the Red Kettle campaign” of the Salvation Army, Kenny Xu, author and the head of Color Us United group, which advocates for a race-blind America, said on Twitter on Thursday.

read more:

https://www.rt.com/usa/541282-salvation-army-racial-woke/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ANY organization that supports this Marxist crap I will ignore forever!!!

• As Rush Limbaugh's supporters would say DITTO to that!

• They have seen the last of my financial support! 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Sounds to me that you should be in the pulpits!  God told usin Rev. 3 that the ministers during the final days would be horrendous.  You are spot on!  Keep preachin'!

• I have little to no interest in, or support for the American Red Cross since that organization adopted the International Red Cross & Crescent values, so my go to disaster relief charity has been the Salvation Army.

But if the SA has gone woke & "anti-racist" they've seen my last donstion.

That leaves the Baptist Men's relief group ... Even though the Southern Baptist Conference has introduced some Lib doctrine into their positions their mobile relief apparatus remains sane & useful.

And since Catholic Charities is a major participant & beneficiary of the DemoCom illegal alien support program they've received no donations from me for several years .

I'm not Christian but in truth, American Christianity has been one of the brightest spots in America's shining glory worldwide for decades -- but any part of American Christianity that goes woke deserves to go broke.

• I quit giving to Catholic charity too Baptists are just bad@ for getting sucked into this illegal alien nonsense. The problem for Catholics is her people have been cultural Democrats since Pope Leo  the 13th turned things around in the industrial revolution. Unfortunately our views of labor have gone down the toilet  

• Good to know. They can stick their red kettles you know where. What a DISGRACE they are. First I heard of this so pass it on.

This reply was deleted.