ADMIN

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Col  I think you miss the point.  If you sack all the generals, the senior officers left would get promoted; they will get the message that the country is pissed off about the situation and will use thier political weight to sack any new generals who behave like the old ones.  I wouldn't change the command structure, just change the commanders to get rid of WOKE.

• No, I have not missed the point...  the blanket termination of ALL Flag Officers is not reasonable or constructive.  

One can send a clear message of reform by sacking a few key Generals... those whose 'woke' attitude defines them as an immediate problem.. Thus, letting the remaining flag officers know that a new sheriff is in town and social experimentation within the military is over.  Ending all of the woke programs at the same time well reinforce the message that those who have advanced such CRAP. need to retirer.

• I believe I stated that the mere presence of overwhelming military power is often sufficient to disperse rioters, returning law and order to the region... without violent confrontation or massive arrests.

• Lopez

If there is any doubt about your qualification to evaluate the use of the Military for martial law or to augment civil authority it is forever gone... you DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Only a fool ventures into a debate where they have no real foundation in the subject. Your analysis of my positions on just about everything is also grossly uninformed and your responses are riddled with a bias due to my former role in the military.  Your words carry an innate contempt for authority

Your rant ignores my record here over the last ten plus 10yrs... railing against the corruption in local, state, and federal government. I have been a champion of  Ronald Reagan, Ross Perot, and Donald Trump... I have regaled and supported Rush Limbaugh and a whole host of organizations that are considered hard right causes. My record of conservative positions decries the dribble above. Search this site using the term 'martial law' and read what I have stated. Conduct other searches and you will find I am consistent and have warned of the corruption in the military for several years, not just recently

Recants to some of your uninformed comments regarding my positions follow:

Grand Juries are the PEOPLE's door to equal justice under the law... a properly functioning Grand Jury operates as an independent body reviewing evidence of criminal conduct and issuing indictments for prosecution where warranted. The Grand Jury is run by private citizens selected from a jury pool.. they are not agents of the prosecutor or Judges. It is the Grand Jury that constitutionally is to issue indictments for Felonies... not prosecutors.

Thus the Grand Jury is in the driver's seat on who is or is not prosecuted... not some AG or prosecutor. Prosecutorial discretion is unlawful, unconstitutional, and is behind much of the duality in law enforcement... permitting a lawyer to decide who is and is not prosecuted. The Grand Jury System needs to be revived to ensure it receives all complaints directly from the public and law enforcement (bypassing prosecutorial interference)... this will ensure private citizens and their groups are permitted to bring COMPLAINTS against corrupt government officials directly to the Jury for indictment.  Did you hear that Hillary Clinton and George Soros?  No more two-tiered judicial system.

On Martial law and the use of the military to augment civil law and authority... Do a search on martial law using the search engine for the Tea Party and read about my position on Martial law ... its legal application and uses in civil emergencies, etc. I am a proponent of the Lawful use of Martial law and military support for insurrection, open lawlessness, natural disasters, etc. Your comments on this issue and my position are ludicrous and ignore both the authority for deploying martial law and the law governing its use. You are not informed or qualified to engage in debate on this issue, as you are not an authority on martial law period.

Next, your command of history is like the rest of your jibberish... unintelligible and misinformed. First, your pontification on insurgency and domestic terrorism activities is uninformed and lacks a basis in fact and doctrine. It is thru agents of domestic terror that radicals coerce governments to acquiesce to their demands. It is not the military's primary duty to intervene in counter-terrorism, border, and infrastructure security.  Those tasks are fraught with legal problems for using the US Military and in most cases are not an efficient use of military power... except for defending the nation's borders. Security for key infrastructure is a state, federal, and private security function.. not a US Military mission. Of Course, once Martial Law is imposed the US military becomes a key element in the defense of infrastructure, borders, and both private and government property.

There are many more issues concerning your representations of my positions... Let us just say that you have not done your research on my positions... they are consistently conservative.

• Who am I... how about a 26yr veteran retired Colonel, 0-6 who has professional training and experience in the field as a commander thru Brigade and a staff officer at the army level... I am a graduate of the Officers Career Course, the Command and General Staff College, and a host of other technical and tactile specialty courses.  So, I believe I am well qualified to discuss the military subjects at hand.

Who are you and what are your qualifications for such an undertaking?

• There are levels of conflict in all engagements... securing the border from drug cartels can involve low-level combat with heavily armed and well-equipped drug cartels... as it already has... no commander would send his men into an environment without being equipped to handle the worst case scenario... which is low-level combat engagements on the border.

Next, lawless sanctuary cities and insurrection are scenarios where sporadic low-level combat engagements may be expected...  Military units operating in those areas would be expected to be prepared for such events..  deploying armor and small arms in a show of force is often all that is needed to break up unlawful assembly and riot.  the use of military direct fire weapons and modified combined arms tactics can be expected.

Ovelapping fields of power...  Oh lol, like Congress and most state governments. The reason Martial Law is declared is because those overlapping powers lost control of the government and chaos rules the streets. So by all means call up Al Sharpton and Sen Schummer, invite them in as a bipartisan civil force for governing... you have to be nuts.  The US Military operates under the concept of singularity of command.. it doesn't function well with multiple lines of command... There is only one chain of command and it isn't the local mayor or governor. Once federal martial law is declared any functioning civil authority is suspended as stipulated in the Order.

• P/S

We could cut the number of senior officers (Colonel and up) in half, without affecting combat readiness... We also need to reduce the amount of contract services the US Military uses... the military has become over dependant on contract services that under full-scale war would not be available. 

• Armies need senior leaders... battalions don't operate independently of each other regardless of what others may think... deployment above company task force requires the commitment of assets and resources beyond the internal assets available to Battalion level leadership.  Colonels and Flag Officers are necessary to resource and coordinate the overall execution of military engagements involving Battalion level commitment.   See my previous comments on this subject for more elucidation as to why. 

• Two effin' LOSERS in charge of America's military!!  Can it get any worse than this?!?

• Not much... worse.  I suppose inviting China's and Russia's military to deploy its units to the USA or for critical joint exercises could make it worse.

This reply was deleted.