ADMIN

Trump referred himself as 'President T' and the internet lost its sh*t -  IBTimes India

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) claimed in a speech on Thursday that “the right wants a strongman daddy figure” in describing his political party while asserting that Democrats want “a powerful, nameless but supposedly benevolent bureaucracy.”

“In the 2016 presidential campaign, you had two candidates with wildly different solution sets, but their fundamental diagnosis was really the same. The system’s rigged, you’re getting screwed, you’re a victim, the country is going down the tubes, you’re victims,” Sasse said while giving remarks at “A Time for Choosing Speaker Series” event by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute.

“The left wants a powerful, nameless but supposedly benevolent bureaucracy. The right wants a strongman daddy figure, but the loudest of them all agree on one thing: America, the one the founders gave us, the one kept for us by our parents and grandparents, it doesn’t work anymore,” he continued. “They can’t work anymore. These are not the good faith positions of two big healthy political parties that are just competing about different visions of leadership.”

The Nebraska Republican also claimed it was “full of crap” for both political parties to villainize the other in what have become an increasingly partisan climate, especially in light of the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot, in which a mob of pro-Trump supporters tried to stop Congress from certifying the 2020 presidential election.

read more:

https://thehill.com/news/senate/3511652-sasse-claims-the-right-wants-a-strongman-daddy-figure/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Debra, you can add mullin of Oklahoma to that list!!!!!  He is an establishment hack TRAITOR that lied to get elected then betrayed We the People of the 2nd district of Oklahoma who elected him to the house of representatives in 2012 thinking he was one of us but he betrayed us before he ever took office!!!!!

• Get this idiot RINO out of office.  We The People do NOT want someone this out of it in power.  Time to vote out pf DemonRats and RINOS.  Let's take our cuntry back.

• We want adult Americans in government for which you do not qualify, Sasse.

• Trump needs to get better advisors. Advisors that will do some research before he makes his decisions. While I miis Trump and did a good job while Pres. He should have forseen the massive voter fraud ahead of the election and should have demanded a hand count in every State.

• Shirley, AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN  AMEN!!!!!  I couldn't agree more!!!!!  I have serious concerns about Trump's decision making after seeing the corrupt people he had in his cabinet, appointed to bureaucratic positions, and has endorsed!!!!!  I would much rather have DeSantis as an option in 2024!!!!!  I don't think I can vote for Trump again!!!!!  I like him but his decisions make me question either his loyalty or his ability to think!!!!!!!!!!

• He did need them but he was fighting both parties and did well. Garbage like McConnell and other Repubs were the cause of many of those "advisors" who put trash in position. THEY are the ones who need fired.

• DLR, I agree Trump had to fight both political parties but he made some really BAD appointments that leave me questioning him!!!!!!!!!!

• He did at the recommendations of traitors like McConnell who was supposed to be on his side.

• I want a man of integrity and honor who fights for America.  I DON'T want a senior citizen with dementia, who falls asleep at round-table meetings with foreign delegates.  And Jill should be arrested for spousal/senior abuse and neglect.

• Exactly....and we want statesmen who represent not policitians who only play games to support themselves.

This reply was deleted.