ADMIN

Senator Josh Hawley Quotes Lincoln in Speech Defending Confederate-Named  Bases

Sen. Josh Hawley on Monday filed an ethics complaint against the seven Democrats who last week filed one against him and Sen. Ted Cruz seeking their “expulsion or censure” for objecting to the presidential election results.

The Missouri Republican — who in a Post op-ed Sunday decried the muzzling of viewpoints through “cancel culture” — objected to certification of President Biden’s victory in Pennsylvania shortly after a mob of then-President Trump’s supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Hawley wrote to the Senate Ethics Committee that his seven accusers “filed an unprecedently frivolous and improper ethics complaint against me and Senator Cruz.”

He wrote his objection was “a lawful process” invoked previously by Democrats and that “my objection rested on far more solid ground than the electoral college objections submitted by Democrat Members of Congress after the 2000, 2004 and 2016 elections.”

Hawley wrote that “[b]y knowingly submitting a frivolous complaint to accomplish impermissible partisan purposes, these Senators have engaged in improper conduct that may reflect upon the Senate. The Committee should discipline these Members to ensure that the Senate’s ethics process is not weaponized for rank partisan purposes.”

Cruz objected to Arizona’s electors to Biden before the Capitol break-in that resulted in the deaths of four Trump supporters and one police officer. When debate resumed, Hawley objected to Pennsylvania’s electors for Biden, forcing a debate.

The Democratic senators last week requested an ethics probe of Hawley and Cruz (R-Texas), saying they “lent legitimacy to President Trump’s false statements about election fraud” and “continued to amplify the claims of fraud that they likely knew to be baseless and that had led to violence earlier that day.”

The Democrats wrote that “[b]y continuing to object to the electors after the insurrection, Senators Cruz and Hawley lent legitimacy to the mob’s cause.”

read more:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/25/sen-hawley-files-ethics-complaint-against-seven-democrats/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I bet they appear with great big puppy dog eyes and offer an apology.

To which the disgusting Senate leaders will smile

and declare the Senate to be one big happy family.

Disgusted Face Emoticon - Transparent Emoji Emoticon Png , Free Transparent Clipart - ClipartKey

• We're all with you Josh, great decision, not an easy one but it's what we should all be doing. Oppression and persecution should not be allowed in this country

• Go for it, Josh! Good for you!

• Thank You to Sen Hawley and Ted Cruz

This reply was deleted.