ADMIN

'Shall Not Be Infringed': 2nd Amendment Rally in Raleigh Saturday as ...

Democratic Senators have introduced new gun control legislation that would, among other things, institute a federal license requirement to buy a gun.

Democratic New Jersey Senators Bod Menendez and Cory Booker, and Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal introduced the “Federal Firearm Licensing Act” Thursday. The bill would institute a requirement for gun purchasers to obtain a firearms license through the Department of Justice before buying or receiving a gun. 

The text of the bill states in part:

[It] shall be unlawful for any individual to purchase or receive a firearm unless the individual has a valid Federal firearm license.

The bill then outlines the procedure for establishing the license under the Department of Justice, directing the attorney general to establish a system for issuing them. In order to be eligible to obtain the license itself, a prospective licensee must first complete a firearms safety course, which includes “a written test, to demonstrate knowledge of applicable firearms laws; and hands-on testing, including firing testing, to demonstrate safe use and sufficient accuracy of a firearm.” After that, the licensee must pass a federal background check and a criminal history; submit proof of identification; fingerprints; and information about the firearm the licensee intends to buy or obtain, including “make, model, and serial number, and the identity of the firearm seller or transferor.”

read more:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/senate-democrats-introduce-bill-requiring-a-federal-firearms-license-to-buy-and-own-a-gun?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not certain the de"mock"rats can read!

• Three  idiots.. We  have  enough  gun  laws... ALL WE  NEED  IS  TO  ENFORCE THEM... HAVEN'T  THESE  LEFT  WING  DEMS  DESTROYED  ENOUGH...

• Excuse me; but I have to have a Federal firearm purchase form filled out on any firearm I buy now. It is not a license, but it is sent to the Feds to make sure I am not banned from owning a forearm.

All this does is give the feds more revenue and I still have to fill out the form on each purchase.  Typical Demoroid "BS" to discourage gun ownership that is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment of our Constitution. 

William Molitor

Mississippi, USA Citizen

• Obama giving orders again. 

This reply was deleted.