ADMIN

San Francisco Police Commission votes to put Black Lives Matter ...

San Francisco’s Police Commission ordered all district stations to prominently display “Black Lives Matter” signs Wednesday despite opposition from the rank-and-file officers union.

The commission voted 5-0 to approve a resolution from Commissioner Dion-Jay Brookter requiring the posters be put up at each station, over objections from the San Francisco Police Officers Association.

An SFPOA attorney sent a letter ahead of the meeting supporting the notion that Black lives matter but expressing “serious” concerns that the signs would inject politics and “wedge issues” into the “safe harbor” of police stations.

Commission Vice President Damali Taylor called the SFPOA’s argument “absolute horseshit.”

“To me it is really concerning,” Taylor said. “If you have such a visceral reaction to a poster that says ‘Black Lives Matter,’ I want you to search your heart.”

Commissioner Cindy Elias said the resolution was a “step in the right direction” but urged her colleagues to do more.

“More importantly, what we should be doing is making a commitment to each other as commissioners and to the public that we start creating policies that actually save Black lives and people of color,” Elias said.

In response, SFPOA President Tony Montoya issued a statement Thursday blasting the commissioners.

“The Police Commission should put away their soapboxes and stop their political grandstanding,” Montoya said.

read more:

https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/sf-police-stations-ordered-to-hang-black-lives-matter-signs-over-union-objections/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• IF I was policia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'd be gone the next day.

• Montoya is right...this BLM BS is pure hatred and racist...all about the commie/marxist agenda...seditious behaviors that are not being punished

• They are engenderd to promote the lie. As this whole scenario is one of the tenacles out of the house of lies, agenda 2020 and 2030 to take over the world. They do not see the great lie, BLM is all they see, they are blinded to the truth. God says ALM and Satan the liar says BLM to goud people into hating each other and with each death he smiles and thinks how clever he is. And he is. One has only to pick up the Bible to discern the truth.

• 100% agree...Revelations unfolding before our eyes.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Or help get out the vote for someone who supports the police.  The Unions should endorse and campaign for the President...

• If you hang out a banner in support of Black Lives Matter then you are supporting communism and the overthrow of America!!

• Best response police unions and the most powerful response is to endorse and get out the vote for President Trump... he supports the Police.

• Will this nightmare ever end?  What is it going to take to have black people take responsibility for themselves?  They have been given every opportunity to make something of themselves but they don't you have so many in the inner cities that wait for hand outs while demanding respect.  Excuse me?  Respect needs to be earned, and they have certainly not done that!  Rioting and looting and all this other nonsens of pushing their cause has but black/white relations back a 100 years!

• Edie, you are correct!

This reply was deleted.