ADMIN

Teachers union: 'Scream bloody murder' if schools reopen against ...

The president of the American Federation of Teachers warned Wednesday that strikes due to unsafe working conditions in schools were possible in Texas, Florida and Arizona — all states with high coronavirus infection rates.

“If people die while they are educating kids, you eviscerate any credibility that you would have going forward about whether or not a school is safe,” Randi Weingarten told POLITICO.

Earlier this month the American Federation of Teachers, which represents over 1.7 million educators, adopted a resolution which demands the only schools that should reopen for in-person instruction should be in places where the infection rate of COVID-19 is below 5 percent.

read more:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/30/teacher-strikes-probable-in-texas-arizona-and-florida/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Fire all the teachers who don't show up for class just like President Reagan fired all the air traffic controllers for striking!!

• Hey! Evelyn, those days are over the Reagan Days OH! boy, I wish we have men and women who know how to fight just as Reagan did.

• I'm glad I'm not in a position to have to make these potential life and death calls.  I'm retired and my children are grown and on their own.  I have 4 grandchildren and I worry for all of them BUT, we cannot continue down the road the country is on.  We have to go back to work and school and accept the risks, whatever that might be.  That's what we expect of our military, police and first responders.  My neighbor has a sign on his lawn, "If you can't get behind our military feel free to stand in front".  We need to step up and keep our country alive.  As far as schools go, homeschooling would be great, not for the safety factor,  that is a plus, but lets get rid of public education/indoctrination.  Homeschool, charter and private, your tax dollars for school should go to the school of your choice.  This may be our best chance to do this.  I do not discriminate, so, if your job is there, no matter who you are,  and you do not want to go to work, NO UNEMPLOYMENT!  Thats the ways it has always been.  

• AND the previous post about fauci and wearing goggles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was censored... "PAGE NOT FOUND"!!

• No schoot tax payments until further notice. 

• Like other unions, this one needs to be pushed into the dustbin of history.  They claim everything they do is for the kids but it is and has always been a lie.  There are no teachers left in public schools only indoctrinators and none should be allowed children.  Recently of the 20 plus people who are Antifa were arrested in Portland, half were teachers.  Now think about that for a minute.

Home school if you can!  If you have kids, then do without the extras in life and stay home and teach your children. They are the most precious thing you have and they are the future of our country.

• Competition from homeschooling, charter and private, viritual, etc. schools will straighten out the whole process.  Competition gets everyone to fly straight.

• I'm a conservitive and a member of a trade union. Union's have their place but I don't belive that public employes should not be unionized, they work for the taxpayers people forget this.

• I think you meant to say that public employees should not be unionized.  I concur.  They work for the people.

• sorry my spell check did that.

This reply was deleted.